As reported in the recent Pastor’s Update on the Parish Survey, we are trying to improve communications within the parish by updating and adding content to our SFX website and Facebook page.
Over the past several months, I’m pleased to report that we have accomplished the following additions:
- Messages from Mariann, a weekly reflection on faith by Mariann McCormally, our Youth and Family Minister.
- Parishioner Core Values reflections.
- Metro volunteer opportunities.
- Information about the Liturgy, Stewardship and Sustainability Committees, including their mission, membership, and meeting schedule and minutes.
- Pastor’s Updates.
- Link to Google maps for driving directions.
- News and events published in the bulletin.
Plus, regular updates to our Facebook page and an online parish survey through Survey Monkey.
Thanks to all who have helped so far. Special thanks to parishioners Stephen Bruns and Rita Svejda, our amazing photographers, Tim Sandweg and Paulette Field.
Good start, but what’s next? Our goal is to add:
- On-line registration, financial pledging, and ministry volunteering.
- Reports from all parish committees.
- Biographic information and personal philosophies for all parish leadership.
- Homilies and more articles on faith.
- Biographic information on new parishioners.
- News about current parishioners.
- Google Analytics so we can see what pages are being accessed, evaluate interest, and understand the traffic patterns throughout the site.
- Online parishioner directory
- All ministry volunteers by name and by ministry.
- More visual interest and photos to the site.
- Mobile-enabled viewing.
This is definitely a long-term project and cannot be done without the participation of, and input from, a score of content providers.
We need volunteers with the following skills:
- web graphic designer
- a second admin to help post content, proofread and check links.
We also need staff and parishioners who are involved in parish activities ministries to provide information regularly on those activities and take photos.
If you can help, please contact Paulette Field at email@example.com.